It would appear that somebody thinks I deserved an award for my blog, which for me is really quite exciting. Why so exciting? Well, most of my friends think I am on facebook all day, my family probably just think I am poor and gave up a perfectly good career, the rest of society thinks I sit in a rather self-indulgent fashion smoking and drinking coffee, or whisky, or both, when actually, the reality is that it's just me at home or in the office on my own with a cup of tea, working hard, and with a repetative strain injury in my right hand. But before you crack out the violins, I wouldn't have it any other way. Another writer understands this, and so to be nominated by a fellow writer makes this award even the more exciting! So thank you Laekan who nominated me.
But there are also rules.
- I have to thank the person who nominated you. (Check)
- I have to tell you guys, the readers, seven interesting things about myself. (OK, thinking)
- Share seven other bloggers that I appreciate and enjoy reading about. (Easy)
- Leave a comment on their blog so they know about it. (Simple!)
- I love cooking. Especially baking. I do not claim to be good at it, but I haven't had too many complaints either. When I do it, I speak to myself in the voice of Ina Garten from the Barefoot Contessa.
- I once dived with sharks. Big ones.
- I speak Greek with an accent that at times is English and at times Cypriot, and always greatly amusing. In fact, it would seem I have never been so funny without really trying.
- When I was a child I was in a marching band and travelled around Europe playing the euphonium.
- I had to wear a head brace to make my teeth straight.
- I won every fancy dress contest that I ever entered.
- After doing a parachute jump, I wanted to throw up for the next six hours.
- Kristan Hoffman
- Cherie Reich
- Jason Garrett
- Faye, at daydreamers thoughts
- Lori, at The Next Best Book Blog
- Jenn, at Genuine Jenn
- Rose Pryimak