Friday, November 1, 2013

Author Spotlight!! Meet Quanie Miller

Quanie Miller grew up in New Iberia, Louisiana. She fell in love with reading at an early age and spent most of her time at the Iberia Parish Library discovering new authors like R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike (she was often found walking back home from the library with a stack of books that went up to her chin). She holds degrees from Louisiana State University and San Jose State University. She has been the recipient of the James Phelan Literary Award, the Louis King Thore Scholarship, the BEA Student Scriptwriting Award, and the Vicki Hudson Emerging Writing Prize. She loves writing humorous stories about strong willed, sassy women who can’t keep themselves out of trouble. She lives in Charleston, South Carolina with her husband and is currently, as always, working on another novel. 

 

Read an excerpt of It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy......

 
My best friend, Serai, invited me to her aunt’s seventy-fifth birthday party because she thought it was a secret ambush by her family that would end with her marrying some guy that they had found on Craigslist. “You have to come, Jazzy,” she begged me. “I think I saw a wedding gown in my mother’s trunk. They’re getting desperate.”
“You’ll find somebody. Besides, you can’t marry just anybody.”
“I don’t think they care anymore. It’s been too long since Chuck and I broke up and they’re starting to wonder about us.”
“Us?”
“Yes. You don’t have a man either.”
“That’s by choice!”
“I told them that even if I were gay, you wouldn’t be my type, but that only made Aunt Cleotha clutch her pearls.”
“Fine, I’ll go. But if the guy from Craigslist is cute, I have first dibs.”
 
 
Be friendly!!  You can follow Quaine in the following places
 
 
And don't forget that you can also buy here book on AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment