Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ARCs have been sent out!

I have just sent out the first batch of ARCs. 

So why now do I feel like I haven't done enough?

The final moment before I sent them out, was as always, filled with doubt.  Are the characters interesting?  Is the plot well developed?  Are there any typos?  After six or seven edits you would hope not, but I'm not counting on it!

So there is nothing else to do.  My first readers, it is now in your hands.  Months of work has culminated in this final moment.  I have sent it out ready to be critiqued and dissected.  I hope it makes it through the first round of surgery!

So it only feels fair to share a little bit with you now.  I'm not telling you who is talking.  I'm not telling you where it is from in the book, but I hope you like it!

“Enough with the questions.  I told you already there is no time for this.  You have a choice Ben, but only one.  As far as the world is concerned, you are already dead.  Your bank accounts are closed, your identity card is void.  There is no trace of the life that you lived anymore, you are now what we call Identity X.  Don’t think that you are the first.  You are just the first to survive.  It’s over, Ben.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment