Monday, September 3, 2012

It's back to school week!

Well, I hope everybody has a had a relaxing weekend and that my American friends are enjoying the benefits of Labor day.  I even ommitted the U just for y'all. 

I am back on track with the first draft of book two after just getting past the 70,000 word mark.  That puts me right back on target for my 80,000 word deadline by the end of the week.  The only trouble is, I think that I might need a few extra words in order to resolve all of the loose threads.  We'll see and I'll keep you posted.

As you regular readers will know, tomorrow is the first day of Back to School month, and so it will therefore be the first day of a month long event which will see many authors appearing on my blog through a series of interviews and blog posts.  Up first is the fascinating Daniel R. Marvello, and fofollowing him will be Frank Zubek who will be sharing his thoughts on the drive needed to pursue the dream of being a writer and why we all keep it alive!

I'll be checking back on Friday, and hopefully I'll be able to share my own little success story shaped in a nice package of 80,000 words and one completed first draft.  Then I just have to work out what to call it.  But that's where the fun starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment