Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A big shout out to Mrs. S!


After a busy morning of fiddling with my brand new blog, seeing that eight people in the USA and one person in Germany had looked at it (how did that happen in the ten hours since I created it?), and changing template after template, loosing text formatting and blah blah blah......I suppose I better explain why it is that I am here.  Let me introduce to you my first novel.  The Loss of Deference.

The first thoughts and first words were conceived about six years ago.  I started with so much enthusiasm and I absolutely loved my book.  It was perfect.  Or so I thought.  Then I hated my book.  Then I banished my book in to the cupboard for a few months.  I'm not sure exactly what it did, but it had clearly stepped out of line.  Then I dragged it out and after a quick lick and polish, sent it out to publishers before it was properly edited and got the predictible "Uh-Uh" response that I should have seen coming.  Simple to explain the feeling.......just misery!  But then you realise your mistakes.  Then you realise that you have a friend (Let's call her Mrs. S!) who is more than happy to edit it.  After it comes back with a whole bunch of yellow omissions, and a bunch of red mistakes, it again went back in a cupboard.  But, enough is enough.  I took it back out.  I sat my backside down.  I edited that book three times over and made a whole bunch of changes.  Finally here we go.  It's ready.  Oh yeah, still no publisher!

So maybe this post should be called 'Thank you Amazon'.  I have fallen head over heels with the KDP website and my book sits very proudly alongside the rest.  In best seller position 93,201.  Position 454,786 if you are in the US.  But it doesn't matter.  It is there, and it will climb.  No, honestly.  So please feel free to meet my first book.  Just click the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment