Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Loss of Deference

So it's the last day of the month, and what better way to finish my first month of blogging that a quick recap of why i started this in the first place!  This month I released my first novel, The Loss of Deference.  I am a full time procrastinator and almost full time writer.  Yet it still took me six years to get to this point.  Why, you may ask?  I could go on to list a million superficial reasons: I had a full time job, I sent it out and waited for the rejections, I decided to learn Greek, I moved to another country blah blah blah.  But honestly that complicates matters further than necessary.  I have read so many stories about people who have taken five or six, even more years to complete their first novel.  The reason is because that's how long it takes to understand what a difficult process this really is.  It isn't like putting in an application form and having an interview like my old job.  This is a journey, and there are many ways to feel like you have achieved along the way, and many ways to feel like you want to give it all up and pretend you never open up the computer and confidently wrote chapter one at the top of a blank page, cursor sat flashing and waiting expectantly. 

So book one, The Loss of Deference is out now.  So far I haven't sold any.  So far I don't mind.  Well, not much.  I already feel like the current target, that mental note to finally make it a book that stirred inside of me again just over a month ago has been achieved.  But I do want to sell it.  My target will change.  Spread the word.
Get your copy on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment