Monday, July 30, 2012

welcome to the world of @michellemuckley

no preview
After spending the weekend tucked away in the mountains out of the reaches of the internet, I have returned to civilisation today with a great big bump.  After being puzzled by various celebrity stories and news paper articles that contain @this or #that, I have finally (and tentatively like my OAP father when I purchased him his first laptop) stepped into an unknown world.  Don't get me wrong, I am no beginner when it come to the computer, or social networking sites for that matter.  I owned and deleted a facebook account, and my neice taught me all about the world of myspace (when we were both younger and considerably cooler), but twitter has mystified me with it's strange symbols and ways of communicating which seemed to me as complicated as Greek when I first started learning that.  However, everybody (and I mean all of the how-to-sell-your-book-on-the-internet type people) seem to be saying that having a twitter account is a must.  Much like a blog.  I got there (kind of) with the Greek, I now have a blog, so I figure I can get there with twitter. 

If after posting this I manage to get some sort of twitter feed happening with my blog posts (I don't even know if that's possible) I will be one very happy writer, who by the way, thanks to twitter hasn't written anything today that didn't start with an @!


No comments:

Post a Comment