Monday, September 30, 2013

Hanging Hill by Mo Hayder review

Hanging HillHanging Hill by Mo Hayder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first Mo Hayder book. I was given it by an American cousin who had thought it was 'ok'. As soon as I started reading it I could tell it was very British and I liked this, as usually I read American thrillers and it was nice to get into something familiar with cultural references that I completely understood.

As for the story, I really liked it. I think the characters were well developed, especially the female characters. I would have liked to hear a bit more about Steve and his shady background. Plus, he seemed to have a strong link to Mooney, and I wonder if this connection would have gone so easily undetected.

Plus, I would have liked to hear a little bit more about the killer, without mentioning any names!

I like her style of writing. It is smart, but yet seems casual.

Good story, good voice, and good characters. Worth your time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment